Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My first day as a Blogger...

Tuesday, January 12, 2009



Well, I imagine that I am the only person reading this. Not only because I just created it, but, really, is there anyone that actually wants to read one more blog? I don't know. I actually don't read blogs. That doesn't seem right does it? So, I'm truly winging this, but, since my kids don't listen half the time and my husband is always on the computer, the fish don't care, and the cat can't talk, this is it.



I figure; I have a lot of things to say, so why not put them out there on the web? Maybe some day, someone will be interested. Then you and I can be Facebook friends.



I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Jena and I'm a soon to be 38 yr old Mom to two girls, 3 and 6. I live in Iowa, in the unbelievably, freakishly cold winters, and stinkin' hot summers (that makes you want to live here, doesn't it?). As mentioned previously, it is January 12th and we have already gotten our entire winter snowfall this year (not to mention, but I will, that it's been the coldest December since 1884). Now, does that mean it will not snow any more until spring? Of course not. In fact, it was snowing this morning, when I dragged myself out of the house at 5am to go swimming, but that is another story. So why do I do this? I mean, why do I live here, in the middle of Iowa? Well, I guess because, in all practicality, I stay at home with my kids, and this is where my husband works. He's an Iowa boy, though my cross country lives have swayed him. Maybe there's a move in my future sooner than I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment