Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good morning to myself! Oh, and anyone that might be reading. ;) Well, it is a Wednesday and it is 26 degrees (F) outside this morning at 8:30am. That might sound cold to many, but it is like a heat wave here. The expected high is 36 degrees. I can't wait! My 6 yr old is out playing in the snow with her snow pants over her pjs. Don't you love how kids can do that? Now, me, I don't like to go out in sweat pants. Shows too many fats rolls. Speaking of fat rolls, I have been doing my darnedest to get rid of them, but they seem to love me too much. This morning at my spin class workout the instructor, who once ran for 24 straight hours (for fun), is giving us a really good and painful workout. Have you ever tried to ride your bike with your upper body frozen? If not, you should try it. This same instructor is readying himself to head to Illinois in a couple of months to run 100 miles, (outdoors) once again, for fun. I admire him in a weird sort of way.

I guess that brings me to my exercising quest. I decided several months ago that I needed to get in shape. Well, I decide that everyday, but it never happens, let's be honest here. I don't want my girls to grow up fat or get the idea that they don't need to exercise. So the logical conclusion here is to enter a triathlon, right? Try not to snicker now, especially if you've met me. So last October I joined the YMCA and their triathlon class. It's been tough; but I have learned to swim pretty well, though not fast, and have definitely upped my cycling endurance. I am toying with the idea of entering my first triathlon at the end of the month. A short, indoor one. I'll keep you posted on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment