Friday, December 10, 2010

Cute Onesie Tutu

I mentioned back in October that I had made a cute onesie tutu for a friend's baby. Thought I'd actually show you a picture. (It's only December, I'm not that late, right?)  Here are the materials. Nothing fancy. Cute onesie. Some ribbon and tulle (and pink thread, not shown).
It was a quick sewing job. My tulle was very short (perfect for a onesie), so I didn't need to trim it at all, just fold it in half. I positioned the tulle so that it would not touch the baby's legs and bother her. I then sewed the folded tulle on; wrapping it twice, so that it is four layers. With that complete, I sewed the ribbon over the top of the tulle; and voila! Done.
Of course, before giving our gift, we had to try it on (so insisted my 3 year old). So, who better to model than her pink Sea Otter?
I know. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment